Are you known as one of these people? Are you sought out to fix problems, get ideas implemented or restart stalled projects?
If you are then you are gifted. You know how to marshall the resources afforded to you, set goals and implement actions.
For the rest of us the necessary skills can be learnt. Importantly you have to have many of these traits, (not an exhaustive list by any means), which with practice can become your natural approach:
- empathy for those who will be most affected
- “paranoia” about the things that might go wrong
- an ability to slice the issue up into bite size pieces
- confidence to take parrallel paths where they exist
- an eye to the future
- a sixth sense for the storms brewing on the horizon
- teamwork, delegation & empowerment
- the power to provide a safe haven for your team from those who would tear them down
- a system for monitoring progress
- a penchant for positive feedback
Get these in place and people will flock to you, those who want you to come and help them and those who want to be part of your winning team.